Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Something to think about

Behind the corpse in the reservoir, behind the ghosts in the links,
Behind the lady who dances and the man who madly drinks,
Under the look of fatique, the attack of migraine and the sigh
There is always another story, there is more than meets the eye.

W.H. Auden


I love it. I loved it once I saw it and I love it more right now.

It's so easy for us to judge someone and yet so hard for us to be as quickly to love. This, is an amazing reminder that hey, you have your reasons, your story on why you are the way you are - and it's so important for us to be reminded that other people do too...you're not the only one who has gone through some hard time.

I'm guilty of the judging as well - sometimes, when I see those who throw themselves madly into work (which includes me, ironically), I somehow believe that "hey, I won't be like that next time".

There's always a reason why people are the way they are.
There's always a reason why they choose to live life the way they're living it now.

I would love to hear the stories, if only they would tell them to me.

No comments: