Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Jane Austen Book Club Review :)



Having watched many, many, many romantic movies, I found ‘the Jane Austen book club’ rather refreshing and sweet. I have to admit that I’m a big fan of Jane Austen and although the movie can never, in my opinion, rival ‘Pride and Prejudice’, it was a movie of it’s own kind – and reminds me very much of ‘Love Actually’.

I adored how the movie was segregated into months and in total, was a span of a year instead of a day or a month (don’t worry, I won’t spoil the movie for you…too much), it made the romances so much sweeter – from my point of view  because seriously, I don’t believe in absolute ‘love at first sight’. The timing was perfect to form solid friendships and gave the development of the plot of the movie enough time to expand to its full potential.

I love analyzing movies like this simply because there’s so much to talk about. I wish I could be able to ‘spill the beans’ in order to convey how wonderful it was to watch such a movie after many disappointments, especially, in looking for a good romance movie.

I think I have a thing for ‘Griggs’, he’s so charming throughout the movie that it’s almost impossible not to be drawn in by is quirkiness. I really likes how his character played out and I don’t think I liked Hugh Dancy as much as I do now!

My exams are coming up next Monday and here I am ranting and raving about a certain black haired charmer in a movie…I’m glad it was a wonderful diversion from Accounting (which I have been slogging though revising the whole day). Perhaps my opinion of the movie has escalated seeing as it was compared to… numbers… Oh well, I hope you guys go and watch this movie – and let me know if you found it was delightful as I did.

-Going back to numbers and formats again- tata!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi grace..... : )

is this movie really THAT nice?

Grace said...

LOL! HOW DID YOU FIND MY BLOG?!?!

OM, Jeremy Goh, I miss you so much la *blushes*

=p i think i was desperate for entertainment, that made it nice.

HOW ARE YOU?!?

Wei-I said...

heyy i saw d book in a bookstore and even thought of buying it..but didn't..
is the story really nice?? if so im gonna get my hands on it =)

Grace said...

i liked the movie - but I did watch it after studying mgt accounting an entire day :P so...that might have made it so great to me. I might watch it again - just to check. lolness.

I wanna buy books too!!

My bro bought the bait of Satan :)

Any books to recommend?

Wei-I said...

I'm reading John Bevere's "Drawing Near", lucky thing u mentioned.. if not i nvr wud know it existed in my house! it's really really good =)

other good books are "God's Smuggler" by Brother Andrew, Philip Yancey's "Rumours", some of his other books.. and Lee Strobel's apologetics series -Case for Faith, Case for Christ.. these are a few =) but they're not so new la =P