Thursday, April 24, 2008

Thankful

I had so many topics on my mind to post about (i.e. I wanted to write a review on '27 dresses' as well as 'P.S. I love you', I wanted to blog about something totally random) but now that I'm in front of my computer (having been down with fever and flu), I feel too thankful to talk about anything else than how totally awesome He has been to me.

It had happened like any other internship search I had been on - some companies will call you back and some don't - but my internship/part time job search was different than all the others I had been on - because this time, it was personal.

I wanted an internship with a company (which I will not name due to obvious reasons of how easy it is for blog entries to come up on Google search), I'll call it Company B. I wanted an internship with this really reputable company because of so many reasons:

1. The company’s name would look awesome on my resume
2. It was a short distance from my house (relatively short, anyway)
3. I really respected the values on which the company stood for….and the list goes on…

When things started going wrong with someone of certain authority in the company, I was so hopping around, annoyed (you might or have not heard my incessant ranting on the subject – if you have, I offer my sincere apologies – I was really acting like a child). While I was extremely frustrated with Company B as well as being in the middle of my exams, I placed in an application for Company A – a half-hearted effort at most, unmotivated by the fact that this company was much less reputable than the previous company I had once had the blessing of interning for.

Company A incessantly contacted me and with a telephone interview by my now-manager, I was in – I got the internship – and the pay was…awesome.

It goes to show how shallow my thinking can be – I kept thinking that Company B had everything to offer me, but I am having a blast at Company A. I’m so thankful to God for simply knowing what I wanted more than I ever will. He truly knows what my heart's desires.

Sometimes I just forget.

I’m glad that He never fails to remind me that He loves me.


No comments: